The Barbados ISRL is governed by the Barbados Companies Act and the Barbados Societies with Restricted Liability Act.
A Barbados ISRL has the following special characteristics (prohibitions):
- it is prohibited from trading in Barbados.
- it is prohibited from owning real estate in Barbados.
- local or Caricom shareholding in a Barbados IBC is restricted to 10% or less.
- manufactured products must be exclusively for export outside Caricom Region.
- any trade in selling of services, that originate in Barbados, must be for non-Caricom Residents.